Free Cutting Service
Best Price Guarantee
10% Off £100+ Orders
5% Off First Order
Free Parcel Del. Over £100
Corten Steel Bocca Planting Bowl
Our stylish Corten Steel Bocca Planting Bowl is ideal for sophisticated spaces. You can take advantage of the rounded shape by using it in areas of high foot-fall. Furthermore, with three impressive sizes to choose from it is easy to find the perfect planter for your outdoor space. Additionally, you will notice they are made from 4 mm gauge Corten Steel. Not only does this give you fantastic strength but also weather-resistance and durability. You can fill your planting bowl with a variety of plants such as lavender or other scented species to create a sensory experience in your garden. Also, the gorgeous orange hue of the Corten Steel looks fantastic against green leaves and colourful foliage. If you like the bowl style, why not pair this with our other Planting Bowls to create a theme running through your garden.
What is Corten Steel?:
Created in the United States in 1939, Corten or Weathering Steel is an alloy that forms a natural rust coating over time as it is exposed to the weather. The outer layer rusts forming a protective coating which prevents degradation of the steel inside. Corten Steel is used all over the world. Notably in the UK one of our greatest landmarks, The Angel of the North by Anthony Gormley is made from Corten. Other striking examples include the Chicago Picasso Sculpture and the Museum of Old and New Art in Australia.
Corten Steel weathering – how it works:
- Please Note: Corten products can arrive at any stage of weathering. We cannot guarantee what level they will be or even if multiple items ordered at the same time will all be at the same level. Unweathered areas of your planter will be the colour of freshly manufactured steel, with a dark oily coating.
- As your Corten Steel planter begins to weather, the oily residue will break down.
- Your planter will begin to change gradually to uniform orange-brown. Please be aware that ‘run-off’ may stain stone or concrete surfaces and bear this in mind when deciding where to place your planter.
- After 9 months, your planter should be almost entirely rust-coloured. Please be aware that run-off may still occur for several months after the uniform rust colour has been achieved.
- After your corten steel has arrived please unpack immediately, so that any moisture between the packaging does not remain sealed. If you do not do this, there may be irregular rust and stains.
Delivery Information and Costs
Delivery times may vary but generally take around 8 working days, delivery costs are dependant on the size of the product and therefore the method of delivery. Pallet deliveries are kerbside only unless a suitable offload area is available. If you have any questions regarding delivery of your order, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Let Us Help
If you need any advice or assistance, just give our friendly team a call on 0191 2646464, or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
800mm x 410mm, 1000mm x 510mm, 1200mm x 610mm