Corten Steel Forno BBQ
Our smart Circular Fire Tables are the perfect addition to any outdoor space. Ideal for socialising and cooking together outdoors.
Corten Steel Forno Square or Circular
- Self-Protecting Rust Finish Over Time
- 3mm Thick Material
- Made From High Quality Corten Steel
- WARNING: During The Weathering Period,
- Run-off Can Stain Adjacent Materials
- 5 Year Warranty
- BBQ Grill and Holder included
- Charcoal and Wood Fired.
- Additional Extras Outlined in Table Below
How Your Product Will Weather?
- When your product arrives it will depending, on when it was manufactured will be the colour of freshly manufactured steel, with a dark oily coating or in a stage of patina.
- As your Corten Steel planter begins to weather, the oily residue will break down.
- Your product will begin to change colour, during this stage – the ‘run-off’ may stain stone or concrete surfaces that it comes into contact with.
- After 9 months, some ‘run-off’ may still occur.
The Forno Grill brings your kitchen outside. Prepare healthy meals using the BBQ grill and roasting plate. The round, wide and thick plate varies in temperature, increasing towards the middle, enabling you to manage your cooking requirements. This versatile product allows for a range of different ingredients to be served. The hotplate can be used as a teppanyaki or plancha. Use charcoal to fire your BBQ. Wood can also be used to transform your BBQ into a fire pit. Assure to use well seasoned wood such as Beech, Oak and Berch. We recommend you do not use resinous wood such as Pine. The Forno Square Grill can be used on every surface through the use of the adjustable solid legs. An air button will control the flow of making, making it adjustable for all your cooking needs. The warm rust colour creates an industrial feel to your garden. Robust and strong, the square shape leaves an lasting impression in your outdoor space.
How to use
During the first use it is important to make a small fire for the first 25 minutes before increasing it. This will cause the roasting plate to become significantly hotter on the underside. This temperature difference will concave the plate slightly. This process is no long necessary after the first use. After a few uses the oil will have burned into the plate, this is when the BBQ will work best. This will also protect the plate from rusting when the BBQ is not in use. For the best results, use an oil with a high degree of combustion such as sunflower oil.
Cleaning is not necessary; the excess oils and food can be scrapped into the fire and a damp cloth can wipe down the roasting plate.
After around 25-30 minutes the inside edge of the roasting plate will reach a temperature of 275 – 300°c.
Corten Steel (or weathering steel) is an alloy that naturally forms a rust coating the over the first 9 months or so of it being exposed to the weather. Interestingly, due to the composition of this special alloy, this rust coating forms a protective layer they prevents further rusting. The steel underneath remains unimpaired as the outer layer continues to protect and regenerate as it exposed to water and oxygen.